The Home Inspection Diploma is designed to introduce students to a vast array of practical and technical skills and tools, preparing them for a career in the Home Inspection industry. This program provides training that meets with the professional standards of the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHP) and the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI).
DURATION: 48 weeks
THE PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE
- The knowledge of roof inspections, focusing on system performance, safety concerns, and conformity with good construction practice.
- The ability to handle disputes with effective resolutions and the knowledge to build an independent business.
- The structural comprehension of components of a residential dwelling.
- The ability to inspect installed heating equipment as well as identifies the energy source, type, material, conditions and any safety concerns related to this equipment.
- The knowledge to identify typical defects on cooling systems and apply correct inspection techniques.
- The awareness of an interior water supply and distribution systems.
- The ability to inspect all aspects of a dwelling’s exterior.
- The basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to create, write and deliver reports.
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and can follow instructions. Applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
To work in either the public or private sector of the home inspection industry, as well as self-employment as a Home Inspector.
Anticipated salary: C$30,818 – C$79,533 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Program Category: Business
Program Syllabus: Click to Download