The Medical Office Administration Diploma provides students with the base knowledge, skills and work experience to become employed in various medical settings.
DURATION: 40 weeks
THE PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE
- The comprehensive background to provide medical administrative support to all areas and levels in a medical setting.
- The understanding to serve as the contact individual for the office, in person and on the telephone.
- The ability to screen patient related telephone calls, respond to inquiries and provide appropriate direction.
- The skills to transcribe medical consultation letters and reports.
- The background to administer financial and accounting duties such as processing transactions, paying bills, completing deposits and maintaining the ledger.
- The knowledge to set-up and maintain office/patient filing system; verify, process and update data.
- The training to maintain a computer-based appointment calendar.
- Personal and professional development and customer service.
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and can follow instructions. Applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Stenographer
- Secretary Ward – Hospital
- Ward Clerk
- Medical Receptionist
Anticipated salary: C$26,335 – C$45,901 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Program Category: Healthcare
Program Syllabus: Click to Download