The Network Administrator Diploma program provides students with the necessary skills and knowledge to plan, install, and provide routine control and manage situations in relation to quality communications network services in an information system. It will provide in-depth knowledge on evaluating communications hardware, software and transmission service alternatives against changing business requirements, maintaining links with network suppliers, support for systems; localizing and rectifying faults in networks and handling non-routine problems.
The program will also provide expertise and practical assistance in delivering service that complies with statutory and other standards as well as strategic and tactical plans. The program prepares students for the following industry certification exams: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Server+ CompTIA Security+, MCTS, and MCITP Server Administrator.
DURATION: 53 weeks
THE PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE
- The ability to provide day-to-day onsite administrative support for software users in a variety of environments.
- The understanding to maintain, troubleshooting and administer the use of local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), hardware, software and related computer equipment.
- The skills to design and configure networks, recommend purchases of application servers, peripherals, and software.
- The training to evaluate, install and support computer hardware, networking software, and operating system software.
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and can follow instructions. Applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
- Hardware Installation Coordinator
- Network Administrator
- Network Support Technician
- Local Area Network (LAN) Administrator
- Local Area Network (LAN) Technician
Anticipated salary: C$39,447 – C$81,618 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Program Category: IT
Program Syllabus: Click to Download