The Payroll and Accounting Certificate program prepares students to work in the finance and payroll departments of business establishments. The Canadian Payroll Association’s (CPA) courses covered in this program apply towards the CPA’s Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification.
DURATION: 22 weeks
THE PROGRAM WILL PROVIDE
- The knowledge to provide timely and accurate procedures of payroll.
- The ability to prepare monthly journal entries & reconcile accounts.
- The skills to report payroll matters to related government bodies.
- The understanding to manage the year-end process.
- The training to process payments and company expenses.
- The ability to provide general office duties: such as faxing, photocopying, etc.
Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status. Courses are open to any applicant who possesses a good command of the English language and can follow instructions. Applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English proficiency.
An admissions interview will be administered to determine if the applicant has the required interest, motivation, and entry-level skills to take this program.
Full-time students must attend the required hours per week as per the course schedule and may do so at times convenient to them.
- Payroll Clerk
- Benefits Clerk
- Claims Clerk
- Ledger Control Clerk
- Insurance Clerk – Financial Sector
Anticipated salary: C$39,588 – C$61,922 (Information from PayScale Canada)
Program Category: Accounting
Program Syllabus: Click to Download